Top three: All time most viewed

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Counseling IS an effective tool to PREVENT Forclosure!

The probability of staying in your home (if you are in financial difficulty) can be increased dramatically (in certain cases, up to 200% improvement in your chances) if you receive financial counseling! 

The latest report from the Homeownership Preservation Foundation (HPF) makes a compelling argument for continuing support of Home Owner Counseling opportunities be made available to struggling homeowners.

During my loan application process I have a form that which says (and this is how I explain it, in layman's terms): "The mortgage company doesn't want your home back.  If you get in trouble, they will offer counseling and will help you stay in your home."

Until I read this article, I wondered if the mortgage servicing companies really had success with their customers who went through counseling.  Here is the article which tells me that we are successful in helping homeowners stay in their homes: Counseling is an effective tool to prevent foreclosure